GET A CARD
PLEASE do not use the online form to renew your card... please come in, call, or email to renew your card.
New card, more options
The Lehighton, Catasauqua, Coplay, Dimmick (Jim Thorpe), Emmaus, Lower Macungie, Palmerton, Parkland, Penn-Kidder, Slatington, Southern Lehigh and Whitehall public libraries have joined together to form the Lehigh Carbon Libraries Cooperative (LCLC).
Twelve libraries now share their collections
The new SHARE card gives you access to all 12 libraries
Register at any of the 12 libraries
Choose from 500,000+ items including books, DVDs, audiobooks, eBooks and more
Request items from any of these libraries & you can pick them up within 1-2 days
If you are looking for an item that the Cooperative does not own we can request it for you by Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
What do I need to register for a library card?
Photo Identification: Valid PA Driver’s License or Valid PA Photo Identification Card with your CURRENT address
Photo ID AND proof of your current address:
Valid PA Driver’s License or PA Photo ID and a Current utility bill (water, gas, electric, phone) or other mail received at your current address (at the discretion of the Library Director).
Children must be 5 years old to get a library card: Children ages 5 to 17 years must be accompanied by a parent with photo ID and proof of current address when signing up for a library card.
If you lose your library card: Library cardholders must inform us in person or call us by phone to invalidate a lost library card and prevent others from using it. A replacement fee of $2.00 will be charged to reissue a library card.
Library card security:
You are financially responsible for everything that is checked out on your library card. Do not let other people use your library card or the items you check out.
Change of address:
Let us know if your contact information changes (address, phone number, email address).
The library’s physical collection includes:
Books: Fiction & Non-fiction and Audiobooks for Children, Young Adults, and Adults. Adult Large Print.
Movies: DVDs, Children & Adult
New books can be checked out for 2 weeks and can be renewed 1 time.
DVDs can be checked out for 1 week and can be renewed 1 time.
DVD Series can be checked out for 2 weeks and can be renewed 1 time.
All other books and audiobooks can be checked out for 3 weeks and can be renewed 1 time.
Up to 15 items at a time can be checked out on each library card.
Only 3 movies per card are allowed to be checked out at a time.
FINE FREE POLICY
The Lehigh Carbon Library Cooperative (LCLC) Fine Free policy is effective September 1, 2021.
LCLC libraries will no longer charge daily overdue fines for late items, and all past overdue fines will be waived on all patron accounts.
The following stipulations apply:
- Approved lending periods will still apply to all items.
- Overdue notices will continue to be sent to patrons with wording noting that there will not be any fines charged upon the items’ return, but that the replacement cost of the items, plus a processing fee, if applicable, will be charged if the items are not returned
- Items that are 28 days overdue are assumed lost and patrons will be billed for the replacement and processing costs. If lost items are returned prior to the bill being paid, the replacement and processing fees will be cleared. Refunds will not be given for bills already paid
- Patrons with $10 or more in fees will be temporarily blocked from borrowing additional items until items are returned or the account is settled, and may be blocked from using library databases, e-resources, and in-house computers, depending on each library’s policies
- Patrons will be responsible for paying fees associated with past and future damaged and lost items
- Patrons will be responsible for outstanding collection agency fees, regardless of the reason the account was sent to the collection agency
- Patrons will be responsible for overdue fees on inter-library loan items charged by any owning library not affiliated with LCLC
- Special Collection items such as Museum Passes, Stem Kits, Makerspace Items, Musical Instruments, Ipads, Wi-fi Hotspots and other electronic equipment will continue to be charged overdue fines in accordance with each library’s policies