Appointments & Curbside
NOVEMBER 2020 Updated Policies:
- Faxes, copies, wireless printing, and scans by curbside only
- Returns by book drop only
- We encourage online or over the phone holds and curbside pick up
- Only one family or individual in to browse at a time, browsing limited to 15 minutes
- Only one computer user at a time, 30 minute limit on the computer (with exceptions as needed)
How does Curbside Pickup work?
- Reserve your items online, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or over the phone (610-377-2750).
- Requests for new items are limited to 2 items per patron at a time.
- Once your item(s) become available you will be notified and we will schedule a time for Curbside pickup.
- If you need to change the pickup time you must call to reschedule.
- Your items will be checked out to your account on the morning of your scheduled pickup.
- You will have 3 days to pick up your item(s). After 3 days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
- When arriving call us and give us your library card number. Do not approach the steps or ramp at this time.
- If you do not have a phone with you please knock on the door, show your library card, and then move back to the sidewalk.
- If you have books to return put them through the book drop slot at the side of the building and then move to the sidewalk.
- A staff member will stack your books outside on the designated table.
- Bring your own bag (s) to transport your items.
- Once the staff member has gone back in, pick up your items from the table.
- Wave to us through the window, we miss you!
When can I pick up my items?
Curbside Pickup is available by appointment:
Tuesday & Thursday 2 pm – 6 pm
Wednesday & Friday 11 am – 3 pm
Saturday 10 am – 12:30 pm
Need a different time? Call us and we will try to accommodate you.
Who can use Curbside Pickup?
Curbside Pickup is available for library card holders whose account is in good standing. If you have a balance over $50, you must pay this before you can pick up any held items. For the safety of our staff, we will not be able to process payments at curbside and you will be asked to pay your balance separately from the curbside service. Call for more information or to check your balance.
What if I don’t have a car, but still want Curbside Pickup?
You can follow the same procedure, call us when you arrive but do not approach the steps or ramp until the staff member is back in the library. If you do not have a phone with you please knock on the door, show your library card, and then move back to the sidewalk.
Who can pick up my items?
Anyone may pick up your items, but they must have your library card number in order to pick up your items. Staff will not release items to those without a library card number.
How do I reserve items?
You can reserve most titles online or over the phone. Requests for new items are limited to 2 items per patron at a time. There is no fee for this service. Once your item(s) are available, you will be called. You will have 3 days to pick up your item(s). After 3 days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on hold?
Please cancel your holds through your online account or call us (610-377-2750) and we will cancel the holds for you.
How long can I keep checked out materials?
The items’ due date will be stamped on the item. You are responsible for returning the items on time or renewing them online or by calling the Library.
- DVDs: 7 days, two renewals
- DVD Series: 14 days, two renewals
- New Adult Books: 14 days, two renewals
- All Other Materials: 21 days, two renewals
How do I renew items?
You may renew your items online or over the phone. To renew online, login to your account. You may renew items if no one else has requested them, and if the renewal limit has not been reached.
Where do I return items?
You may only return items via the walk-up book return slot in the side of the building. This gives you 24 hour access to return your items. All items are placed in quarantine for 72 hours before being placed back on shelves. Please allow 72 hours before your account will show your items as returned.
I returned my items, but my account says they are not checked back in yet.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we are placing all returned items into quarantine for 72 hours before checking those items in. Your items should be marked returned shortly after that time period.
Can I still put items in the book return in the side of the building?
Yes. Our book return will remain open. Library staff will check in any items put through the book return. All books are placed in quarantine for 72 hours before being placed back on shelves.
What are the safety precautions your staff is taking?
All staff members are required to wear a face mask and will practice social distancing from other staff members and members of the public during the curbside service. All items checked back in during this time are placed in a 72-hour quarantine before being placed back on shelves.
Please Note: Changing conditions may trigger restrictive color designations depending on the public health and economic conditions facing regions or counties, there could be additional actions, orders, or guidance that is provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) or Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) as a county or region is designated red, yellow, or green. Some counties or regions may not experience a straight path from a red designation, to a yellow, and then a green designation. Instead, cycling back and forth between less restrictive to more restrictive designations may occur any number of times as public health indicators improve or worsen. This means that the library will respond to changing conditions and adapt the reopening plan.